Join the PMO
Community Prevention Specialists – Teton County
The Community Prevention Specialist will motivate and mobilize her/his community to build and sustain vital alcohol, tobacco, other drugs, and suicide prevention (ATODS) initiatives using evidence-based prevention strategies to achieve overall community wellness.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Work with coalitions to create and implement data-driven strategic plans.
- Research and utilize evidence-based prevention strategies.
- Recruit local stakeholders into prevention coalitions.
- Educate local stakeholders about alcohol, tobacco, other drugs and suicide prevention.
- Organize and facilitate meetings.
- Work with media outlets including radio, newspaper, television, and internet.
- Present to various community organizations including, but not limited to, Chambers of Commerce, school boards, city councils, and civic groups.
- Manage monthly budget.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative data on prevention efforts via electronic reporting systems and in cooperation with evaluation contractors.
- Maintain consistent and effective communication with all PMO team members.
- Attend mandatory trainings and events.
Minimum Education & Experience Required
Bachelor’s degree in public health, public administration/policy, sociology, education, communications, marketing, counseling, social work, psychology, or other health-related field and/or four years’ prevention related experience.
Professional experience in the fields of prevention and/or wellness, using evidence-based, environmental strategies. Knowledge of and experience using community change models.
Starting salary - $4,406.67 / month ($52,880.00 year)
Full benefits package including health, life, AD&D,
short- and long-term disability, dental, vision, & 401k matching
(All benefit premiums paid for employee by PMO)
Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
To apply, visit pmowyo.org
Navigate to ‘About Us’ and click on ‘Join the PMO’
You will find a full job description, application instructions & the PMO application.
The Prevention Management Organization of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Click HERE to see the job flyer.