Open Request for Bids / Notice of Final Payment / Request for Proposals
Bid 17-24: Combination Hook Lift Plow, Spreader, and Dump Truck
BID INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION See Complete Bid Package for Specifications.
• Bid must be signed by responsible corporate official and be placed in a sealed envelope. Return to:
Town of Jackson
P.O. Box 1687
150 East Pearl Street
Jackson, WY. 83001
Bidder shall mark lower left-hand corner with bid name: ‘‘BID 17-24’’ HOOK LIFT PLOW AND SPREADER DUMP TRUCK
• Bidder must specify delivery from acceptance of bid by Town. Bid prices shall be F.O.B. Jackson, 450 West Snow King Avenue, Jackson, Wyoming.
• Bids will be accepted until Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 3:00 PM. Bids will be opened and acknowledged at 3:05 PM at the Town Council Chambers, 150 East Pearl Avenue, Jackson, WY.
• These specifications are to be considered as minimums and must be equal to or exceeded. Bid shall be submitted on enclosed specification form. Bidder must check appropriate yes/no as per specification. Checking ‘‘yes’’ will mean full compliance, checking ‘‘no’’ will mean an exception is being taken. All exceptions to minimums shall be listed and explained on a page titled Bid Exceptions. Entire specification form shall be filled out to be considered for this project.
• The Town of Jackson reserves the right to waive any and all irregularities in the bids and for rejecting any and all bids.
• Unit bid shall be new and unused of the latest year and model.
• Bidder shall enclose a letter on company letterhead detailing the manufactures warranty, name and address of OEM chassis warranty shop and warranty details for all added equipment/accessories.
• Per Wyoming Statue 16-6-107 a 5% preference will be given to bidders within the State of Wyoming.
• The Contract shall be bid to the most responsible certified resident making the responsive proposal, if the certified resident's bid is not more than five percent (5%) higher than that of the lowest responsible nonresident bidder and the resident bidder does not propose to subcontract more than thirty percent (30%) of the WORK to nonresident contractors (W.S. § 16-6-101, et seq.).
• Bidder at time of bid submittal must furnish bid bond, or certified cashier’s check in the amount equal to five (5%) percent of total bid. Successful bidder’s surety shall be returned upon delivery inspection and acceptance of bid unit.
Bid 17-15 Town of Jackson 2017 Sidewalk Improvements Project
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS Notice is hereby given that the Town of Jackson, Wyoming, hereinafter referred to as the “Owner” will be accepting sealed bids for a general contract to consist of construction of the 2017 Sidewalk Improvements Project. The project location is along the south side of West Kelly Avenue from South Cache Street to South Jackson Street, and along the east side of South Millward Street north and south of West Hansen Avenue and south of West Kelly Avenue.
The project generally consists of constructing approximately 9,000 square feet of concrete sidewalk, approximately 580 lineal feet of curb and gutter, alleyway and driveway approaches, ADA ramps, associated crushed base, 720 square feet of concrete pavers, 20 cubic yards of top soil, 1,300 lineal feet dry utility trenching, street lights, and electrical system tie in.
Bidding Contractors must purchase one (1) set of Contract Documents (includes one (1) set of Plans and one (1) Project Manual) from the Town of Jackson. The Bidding Documents for the Project may be obtained at the Town of Jackson Public Works offices located at 450 West Snow King Avenue, Jackson, Wyoming, 83001, (307)733-3079, upon payment of a $40.00, non-refundable fee for the project manual and plans. Electronic copies of the Contract Documents shall be provided upon request at no charge.
Questions regarding the technical aspects or requirements of the Contract Documents are to be referred to Jeremy Parker, Associate Engineer, Town of Jackson, Wyoming, (307)733-3079 x1412.
A MANDATORY pre-bid meeting will be held at the Town of Jackson Engineering Offices located in the Public Works building located at 450 West Snow King Avenue, Jackson, WY on Thursday May 25, 2017 at 2:00 PM (MST). To bid on the project, general contractors must attend this pre-bid meeting and purchase contract documents.
Sealed bids will be received at the office of the Town Clerk, Town of Jackson, 150 East Pearl Avenue, P.O. Box 1687, Jackson, Wyoming 83001 until Tuesday 2:00 p.m., May 30, 2017. All bids will be publicly opened and read aloud by the Owner immediately thereafter at the same location. Bids shall be sealed in an envelope plainly marked with the Bidder’s name and the following title: “Bid For 2017 Sidewalk Improvements Project.”
All proposals must be accompanied by a Cashier’s Check, Irrevocable Letter of Credit or a Bid Bond, executed by the bidder, as Principal, and a satisfactory surety company, executed in favor of the Owner in the amount of five percent (5%) of the maximum amount of the proposals. Bid Bond shall be accompanied by a certified copy of Power of Attorney and signed or countersigned by an agent of the bonding company. The Cashier’s Check, Irrevocable Letter of Credit or Bid Bond will be retained by the Owner as liquidated damages if the successful bidder refuses or fails to enter into a contract or to furnish a Contractor’s Payment and Performance Bond, and meet the required provisions for insurance, within ten (10) days after being notified of the award of the Contract.
Performance and Payment Bond or other collateral or surety acceptable to the Owner shall be furnished by the successful bidder each in the amount of one hundred and twenty five percent (125%) of the contract price. Such Performance and Payment Bonds shall be accompanied by a certified copy of Power of Attorney and shall be signed or countersigned by a Wyoming resident agent of the bonding company.
A five percent (5%) preference shall be given to Wyoming contractors as defined by Wyoming Statutes 1977, Section 16-6-101, pursuant to the provisions of Section 16-6-102. A successful resident bidder shall subcontract pursuant to Wyoming Statutes 1977, Section 16-6-103. Preference shall be given to Wyoming laborers and material pursuant to Wyoming Statutes 1977, Section 16-6-104. Contractors who are certified by the State of Wyoming as Wyoming Residents must provide a copy of their Wyoming State Residency Certificate to be recognized as Wyoming contractors.
Attention is also called to the provisions of Wyoming Statutes, 1977, Section 16-6-201 thru 206 pertaining to the preference for state laborers.
All bids will be reviewed by the Engineer and presented to the Jackson Town Council for possible action at the next scheduled meeting subsequent to the date of the bid opening.
The Town of Jackson reserves the right to reject any and all bids, and to waive all informalities. The Town Council may accept any bid which in its opinion best serves its interests.
PUBLISH: JHNAG, Legal Notice – May 10, 17, & 24, 2017
## No other Bids or RFPs are open at this time.