Overview of Monday's joint meeting with the County Commissioners and Council actions taken at their regular meeting.
Joint Information Meeting (4/9/2018)
• The Council and Commission approved a joint resolution that authorized the Airport Board to issue private activity revenue bonds in order to help fund the design and construction of a new fuel facility project.
• A presentation was made on the 2018 Comprehensive Plan Indicators and the Council and Commission approved the 2019 work plan on the Land Development Regulations.
• The Council and Commission approved the formation of an Urban Systems Committee, their bylaws, and boundaries for Urban System funding.
Town Council Evening (4/9/2018)
• The Mayor introduced and welcomed Angie Gemmel who works in Victim Services.
• Temporary sign permits were approved for the Bras for a Cause, Classical Academy Evening of the Arts, and Sherwin’s Spring Tire Sale.
• Special Events were approved for the Launch of the Bike Share program, Eco Fair, Elk Fest, the Fair, and Old Bill’s Fun Run.
• The Council approved Wilson Sewer District’s request to add three connections to their system.
• A payment was authorized to the Office of State Lands for a sewer easement adjustment to the High School Athletic Fields.
• The demolition permit at 360 N Cache Street was continued to the April 16 meeting.
• Resolutions authorizing START, the Animal Shelter, and Victim Services to apply for participation in Old Bill’s Fun Run were approved.
• Ordinances B and C were approved at 3RD reading which increases the number of members on the Town’s Planning Commission/Board of Adjustment from 5 to 7. Advertising will begin for applications to fill the new seats.
• The Town Manager’s Report contained an update on upcoming special events.
Complete and detailed information regarding these items is available online at www.townofjackson.com under the Agendas & Meeting button.