The following is an overview of Town Council actions taken on October 2 at their joint meeting with the County and regular evening meeting.
Joint Information Meeting
- The Council and Commission reviewed the Housing Supply Plan for 2017 through 2021 which contains Town tasks, County tasks, and Joint tasks with the goal of providing workforce housing. Workforce housing includes employee housing for Town and County employees and housing for our community workforce employed by local businesses. Staff was directed to start implementing the tasks.
- On the Park Maintenance Shop and Housing Project, a reduced project scope was presented that included park maintenance facilities, employee housing, and alternate basement option, with the inclusion of value engineering items. The Council and Commission directed staff to revise project construction documents to include the reduced scope.
Town Council Evening Meeting
- Our new office manager in Planning & Building , Tiffany Stolte, was introduced.
- The Mayor read a proclamation recognizing October a Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- Bid 18-05 was awarded to Spradley Barr Motors for a new pick-up truck for the Police Department.
- A letter of support was approved for a TIGER 9 grant application by START.
- Temporary Sign Permits were approved for Laff Staff Improv Shows and the Skating Club-Learn to Skate events subject to conditions and restrictions.
- Energy Conservation Works was given the okay to use 2010 SPET Energy Efficiency funds to relocate the solar panels from Town Hall to Public Works so roof repairs can be done on Town Hall.
- The Council approved a 4-year agreement with WW Productions to operate the rodeo.
- The dates for the 2018 rodeo schedule were set.
- Council directed staff to file the Lime Kiln Petition with the State Board of Control and if approved, to work with the Sagebrush Apartments developer and the JHLT to construct the new head gate and ditch in the proposed locations.
The Town Manager reported on the October CAST meeting in Silverton, Colorado.