Aug 08, 2017
Summary of Town Council Action taken on AUGUST 7
For your information, the following is an overview of Town Council actions taken yesterday at their joint meeting with the County Commissioners and their regular evening meeting:
PLEASE NOTE: The Town Council has changed the August 21 Workshop and Regular Evening Meeting to AUGUST 28 due to the Total Solar Eclipse.
- Resolutions were approved for the Airport to apply for Wyoming Business Council funding for a consolidated fueling facility.
- The Housing Supply Plan for 2017 – 2021 was presented and direction was given to the Housing Director to open the 45 day comment period for the Housing Supply Plan.
- The Council and Commission continued discussion on the Park Maintenance/Housing Project and directed staff to reject the current bid and to establish an Owners Committee that will include 2 Commissioners, 2 Town Council members and staff as decided by the Town & County Managers to hash out details and provide recommendations.
- The Council and Commission discussed hiring a Transportation Planner to work on projects in the Integrated Transportation Plan and directed staff to obtain a consultant analysis in order to finalize the job description, title, and classification, and begin the hiring process. The position will be housed at the County.
- At the Council’s evening meeting, 2 special meetings were announced: August 8 to hear an appeal of an Operator’s Permit denial and August 15 to hear applications for new Bar & Grill Licenses.
- New employee Nancy Lee was introduced – stop by the front desk at Town Hall to meet her.
- A Malt Beverage Permit was approved for Snake River Pub & Brewery for August 21st to accommodate overflow customers on their front lawn.
- Special Event Permits were issued for Jackson Hole Public Art’s International PARKing Day, Jackson Hole High School’s Rotary Interact Club’s 5K Color Run, and Grand Teton Skating Association’s Winter Wonderland subject to conditions and restrictions.
- Two bids were approved for the purchase of 3 Police Utility Interceptor vehicles and 1 Police Sedan.
- A restaurant liquor license was approved for San Juan Restaurant Mexican Food LLC d/b/a San Juan Restaurant for the remaining license year.
- The Council approved a Local Government Virtual Net Metering Solar Interconnection Agreement with LVE in connection with a Solar Power Facility that will be located at the Town of Jackson Wastewater Treatment Plant. This allows the Town to generate new electrical energy from solar and transfer and credited to qualifying government agencies that use C-2 large power service accounts.
- The Council also approved agreements and a lease related to the Compressed Natural Gas Fueling Station that will be located on LVE’s property on Highway 89. The station is planned to be operational next August.
- Three easements were approved in connection with the No Name Sewer Replacement Capital Project.
- The Temporary Construction and Access Easement (Drainage) was extended, and a Permanent Drainage and Utility Easement and Temporary Construction and Access Easement (Grading) were approved in connection with the landslide remediation.
- Item P17-102: Conditional Use Permit for Tour Operator at 490 S. Highway 89 was continued to August 28.
- 3 Ordinances passed 3rd reading and will be effective August 9 related to the Annexation of a portion of Broadway/Highway 89 through Town, Wastewater Fees for Breweries, the addition of a new PUD-UR zone, and changing the zoning at 550 W Broadway to PUD-UR.
- 2 Ordinances passed 2nd reading related to liquor licensing and the Code Enforcement Officer.
The Town Manager reported on Snow King Mountain Coaster’s 2014 approval, Eclipse Preparedness, Landslide work, and staffing in the Planning & Building Department.
Complete and detailed information regarding these items is available online at www.townofjackson.com under the Agendas & Meeting button. Should you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask your Department Director, Roxanne Robinson, Carl Pelletier, or myself.