Municipal Code, Ordinances, & Resolutions
The Jackson Municipal Code consists of the entire set of laws passed locally affecting the Town of Jackson and its residents.
Browse the current Municipal Code by chapter below, available in a downloadable PDF version, or search the municipal code online.
Note: The Municipal Code provided below includes Ordinances and Resolutions adopted by the Town Council through, and including, Ordinance No. 1286 and Resolution No. 21-11 dated April 2021. Staff updates this page as soon as time permits after passage and any required legal advertisement.
For the most recent adopted Ordinances and Resolutions, which are pending archival status and codification, visit the Pending Codification page.
Municipal Code by Chapter
- PREFACE 4-21-2021
- Title 1 - General Provisions
- Title2 - Administration and Personnel
- Title 3 - Reserved, Revenue and Finance
- Title 4 - Reserved
- Title 5 - Business Licenses and Regulations
- Title 6 - Liquor Licenses and Permits
- Title 7 - Animals
- Title 8 - Health and Safety
- Title 9 - Public Peace, Morals and Welfare
Municipal ordinances are municipal legislation adopted by the Town Council which will become part of the municipal code. Search the municipal ordinances online.
In January of 2019, the Town of Jackson passed Ordinance P - Plastic Bag Ban.
Business Establishments & Customer:
- Effective April 15, 2019, no Grocer or Large Retailer within Town limits shall provide a Single-Use Disposable Plastic Bag to a customer at the point of sale.
- Effective November 1, 2019, no Retailer or Retail Store shall provide a Single-Use Disposable Plastic Bag to a customer at the point of sale.
- Bag exemptions include non-checkout product bags - such as dry cleaner bags, newspaper bags, door hanger bags, bags provided by pharmacists to contain prescription drugs, bags used by consumers inside stores to package bulk items.
- Businesses can provide paper bags (for a fee) or reusable bags (for a fee).
- Customers are highly encouraged to bring their own reusable bags.
Note: Ordinances have been archived and recorded online through Ordinance No. 1281 dated April 2021.
See the most recent Ordinances pending archival status and codification, visit the Pending Codification page.
Municipal Resolutions are adopted by the Town Council to express opinion on a matter, to extend a vote of appreciation or censure, or to extend a temporary or special order. Search the municipal resolutions online.
Note: Resolutions included in the archived website are up to Resolution No 21-11 dated April 2021.
See the most recent adopted Resolutions pending archival status and codification, visit the Pending Codification page.
Errors, Misspellings, or Questions
Should you find any errors, misspellings, or have questions regarding codes, ordinances or resolutions, please contact Sandy Birdyshaw, Town Clerk at 307-733-3932, ext. 1113.